Five awards, each valued at $30,000 per annum
Memorandum of Information
The Foundation seeks to support imaginative proposals which will address the need for more research and development in Western Australia. Entries are sought from inventors with research and development projects and should include:
- A description of the solution to any problem in fields such as biomedicine, agriculture, environmental science and sustainable energy (5 pages).
- The preferred method of intellectual property management, eg. Costs, protection, licences, royalties (1 page).
- Proposed sponsorship, collaborations and contributions to the Village (1 page).
- Curriculum Vitae including referees and formal qualifications, if any.
- Completed Licence Agreement.
Up to five applicants may be offered a package which includes an award valued at $600.00 per week covering a twelve-month licence to use the Village, a live-in research studio and access to staff supervision and shared facilities which include laboratories, computing, technical assistance, intellectual property management and reception. The Foundation may also offer packages which include access and status but not funding.
In all cases, external sponsorship is permitted, providing only that the implications in terms of IP are clearly stated. Enrolment in a degree or diploma is permitted subject to eligibility but only if the student assigns the IP to the Foundation rather than to an external institution.