This association was founded and incorporated on 29th August, 1983. Its change of name to The C Y O’Connor ERADE Village Foundation Inc and the amended constitution were certified under the Associations Incorporation Act 2015, effective from 29th July, 2019.
- To promote, encourage and assist the study of genetic influences on normal and abnormal immune responses with the intention of improving the understanding of the immunogenetic basis of disease in man and animals and the application of such understanding to the control of disease.
- To provide research facilities and grants for research into the interplay between genetic and environmental factors involved in the causation of disease in man and animals and to make these facilities available for research and development in biomedical science, informatics, instrumentation and bio-engineering.
- To provide research facilities and support research into the genetic factors relating to autoimmune disease allergies immunodeficiencies and other such diseases.
- To promote, encourage and assist research and to provide research facilities into the nature and significance of immunogenetic markers and transplantation antigens in man and animals.
- To educate the public and the medical profession in the necessity for the coordinated approach to the control of disease by research into the interplay between genetic and environmental factors involved in the causation of diseases in all living organisms.
- To fund, encourage and contribute to scholarships, fellowships and travel grants for the purposes of promoting or encouraging any of the objects of the Foundation.
- To become a member of or subscribe to or support in other ways any other association or research body or university centre whether incorporated or not having objects wholly or in part similar to those of the Foundation.
- To promote and encourage education, research and development in science and technology and its application in commerce.